My Mutilated Fairy-Tale

There is a darkness filled with chaos, noise and tears that surrounds and consumes. Leaving no trace of hope or love. It suffocates those it attacks, leaving little chance of survival. But in that darkness there is a still small light. It is often overshadowed by the cloud of destruction, but has the power to redeem, rebuild and save. This is my tale of darkness, rejection, betrayal, hurt & madness AND one mans spilled blood that saved my life.

Disclaimer: All events posted are true to the best of my knowledge. I do not have the clearest memory of my past, therefore the events noted and the timeline communicated is conveyed to the best of my knowledge, as accurately as possible. The point of this blog is not to create a detailed timeline of my history, but to show you from where I have come to where God has brought me.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Love, Grace & Chick-Fil-A


As most of you know, yesterday was Chick-Fil-A appreciation day. And as I pulled into my local Chick-fil-A in Knoxville I was teary eyed at the sight of so many supporting an organization who holds to it's Biblical values. It gave me great joy to know that someone stood up for their beliefs and did not back down when asked about them- and that so many people would show their support for someone who did so. You see, I believe for too long so many of us have been silent. The longer we are silent the more God is taken out of our schools, workplaces and nation. So I commend the CEO of Chick-fil-A for expressing his beliefs, and doing so in an un-condemning way.



However, I should have known that I would wake up this morning to read disturbing reports of what went on at some Chick-fil-A's yesterday. You see, just as there are "good" unbelievers and "bad" unbelievers, there are also "good" believers and "bad" believers. We are all sinners, and though I believe many of us who follow Jesus try to live our lives according to his example, there are always the ones that you want to take your Bible and hit them over the head with it. Some of the things that come out of the mouths of so called "Christians" can just be appauling. And what I read in some of the Huffington Post this morning about comments made during Chick-fil-A appreciation day were sad and cruel and NOT what Jesus would have wanted displayed on a day that we were appreciating someone who stood for Jesus' commands.

I have family members that are homosexual. And guess what? I love them no differently from any other member in my family. In fact, my family members who are homosexual probably sin less than my family who are "straight" yet go around doing drugs, stealing, raping and molesting children. So in the light of some of the things that may have been said yesterday by "Christian" Chick-fil-A supporters, I would like to clarify.



Jesus mentions the word "Grace" approximately 128 times in the New Testiment. Not only is grace emphasized, but Jesus frequently spoke of & exhibited love, compassion, forgiveness and mercy. And this was not to the "religious", but to those who were considered sinners. Jesus surrounded himself with those who were in need of a savior and spoke life into their hearts. Therefore, our actions as believers of Jesus Christ should be the same. We were not put here to judge! That is the job of God and God alone. We are put here to be a light into a dark world. To bring the hope, peace and joy that only Jesus can offer. When you spout of at the mouth with words of hatered or condemnation you are NOT exhibiting that your life is full of hope, peace or joy. So why then do you think any unbeliever would be attracted to the way you live your life and want to come to know Jesus when you seem full or anger and bitterness to people who are not like you? We as believers cannot hold any unbeliever to the standards of God, for they are not saved. What they need is Jesus. And if we want to reach them we do so by imitating the actions of our savior and how He demonstrated that we reach people. Any other way is unacceptable to God. If you as a believer feel hatred towards a person, or specific group of people, then I advise you to examine your relationship with God.



To anyone out there who may have felt the backlash of some so called "Christians", I sincerely apologize and want you to know that Jesus Christ loves you and accepts you- the way you are. We all come to Jesus as flawed and screwed up people. But God does not see us as the person we currently are, he sees us as the person we can become. He sees our potential through him. The peace and joy that you can experience through Jesus is like no other. I can't even begin to explain it. All I can say is that he has made me a different person and given me a new life- one that I could have never imagined. And I encourage anyone who does not know him to seek him! And that means anyone, regardless of age, gender, race or sexual orientation. Jesus is accessible to ALL! There are no rules or regulations of how you have to act or behave when you come to Christ. You come to him, submit your life and he will do the rest. And though some Christians may act a fool sometimes, there are those of us out there who genuinely love the world and are here to help, love and fellowship with those who need Christ. Those of us who will show you the love of a savior without strings attached or holding condemnation over your head. Those of us who will pray for you and be there to support you as God does a tremendous work in your life!

I thank all of you who came out and supported Chick-fil-A yesterday and who continuously practice the grace & love of our savior, Jesus Christ.



Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment

.body-fauxcolumn-outer { background: url(http://i.imgur.com/LD6iis.jpg); } .body-fauxcolumn-outer div { background: none; }