My Mutilated Fairy-Tale

There is a darkness filled with chaos, noise and tears that surrounds and consumes. Leaving no trace of hope or love. It suffocates those it attacks, leaving little chance of survival. But in that darkness there is a still small light. It is often overshadowed by the cloud of destruction, but has the power to redeem, rebuild and save. This is my tale of darkness, rejection, betrayal, hurt & madness AND one mans spilled blood that saved my life.

Disclaimer: All events posted are true to the best of my knowledge. I do not have the clearest memory of my past, therefore the events noted and the timeline communicated is conveyed to the best of my knowledge, as accurately as possible. The point of this blog is not to create a detailed timeline of my history, but to show you from where I have come to where God has brought me.

Monday, June 13, 2011

My Mutilated Fairy Tale

Welcome to my blog! Before my first post I would like to share a little about myself and why I decided to start this blog. My name is Melissa Joanne Powell and I live in Knoxville, TN. I have the best husband in the world, John Powell and two super cool step-children, Trey and Brittley. We also have a new one- baby Draven Blaise Powell.

I am originally from Northern CA - a small (for CA) town called Manteca, aka Man-tweeka. I have lived on the East Coast now for 6 years and love it! I miss my friends and family- but will never move back.
Our family is actively involved with a church in West Knoxville called Ignition Church where our mission is to see people far from God filled with life in Christ. We believe that the church is the people of God, on a mission for God, empowered by the spirirt of God. We are not perfect people and therefore do not try and bring people to Jesus by showing them their faults or scaring them into loving God. Nor do we try to change people - that is NOT our job. What is our job is to show people the LOVE of Christ and how that love can change their lives. It is not about receiving a "get into heaven" ticket - it is about living life and how God can make your life matter much more than you ever dreamed!

I have a story. My story is filled with darkness and can sometimes be hard to talk about. However, God has given me a new life! Therefore, I feel I must share my story for the sake of those who need to know that there is HOPE. There is a peace that surpasses all understanding. I did not have peace for a long, long time.
I will strive to be as detailed and honest about my situations as possible. That is why when you enter this site you will receive a notice that it may contain adult material. Many of the things I have to say may be difficult to read, just as it will be difficult for me to write. But I know my words will be inspired by God in order to show the amazing transformation that has been bestowed on me by the Holy One.

Where I have come from to where I am now is truly a testimony to the Power of the living God!

If He can change me and my life, He can change anyone and theirs!

I hope you will join me on this journey. Please pray for me along the way. And please always feel free to comment and share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.body-fauxcolumn-outer { background: url(http://i.imgur.com/LD6iis.jpg); } .body-fauxcolumn-outer div { background: none; }